Thursday, January 21, 2010

theBalm Pick–Up Liner

When I saw this brand in a magazine, the first thing that came to my mind is that it looks like Benefit BUT with a more affordable price. I saw their promo booth in mid valley few weeks ago but did not have time to check it out. So the second option was to ask Google :). I ran a search in Google but did not find any information on where I can find this brand in Malaysia.

I dropped by Mid Valley again to look for this brand. I went to Metrojaya and Jusco cosmetic floor in search for the brand and they say they don’t carry it, some even say they have never heard of this brand. I went around again and guess where I found theBalm??! In SASA. They are the only company who carries this brand in Malaysia, for now.

I am a sucker for packaging and I WILL buy products with interesting or unique packaging. The look of these products brings me back to the Marilyn Monroe and Oliver Newton in Grease era but in a comic format.
I bought a few of their products, but I am only going to review the eyeliner in this entry. I am saving the rest of the products for my future entries hehehehe.
I like the way they name the product, it sounds very fun and appealing. It also has a very quirky (some might say lame) copy. The line says; your name must be Mickey ‘cuz you’re so fine!’

The copy aside, this is one of the most unique packaging that I have seen before; the eye liner packaging comes with a sharpener. And it not only has 1 liner, but 3 different eye liners in black, brown and gray. They also have another variant that consist of blue, green and purple liners. Because it is a pencil liner, therefore it is very easy to apply and also very accurate. And according to their website, it says that it is water resistent too. But i did not find that line in the actual product.


Verdict : It is convenient for girls who want variety because all the liners comes in mini sizes. This is also a very nice gift. This is definitely a MUST buy for those who are a sucker for packaging like me. BUT when it comes to the product, i will not give as many brownie points as i did for the packaging. I find that the liners does not last and also it kind of smear and leave a stain on the top of my lid after wearing for the whole day.


Price : Mid-Range RM 55

Where : Sasa Mid Valley

More info: https://www.thebalm.com/makeup/pick_up.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment