Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Revlon Haul

I ran out of powder foundation as I have finished my benefit Hello Flawless foundation. Read my review HERE. Really liked it but I am kinda broke these days so I was out looking for a more economical option :)


I tested the new Revlon Photogenic foundation but I feel that it is too shimmery for day wear and I did not pick the Beyond Natural powder foundation because I wanted to try something else. So in the end, my pick was Revlon New Complexion one step make up and because it is a liquid with powder finish foundation, the sales advisor said that I need to top up with loose powder, so I also bought the loose powder from the same range.



This is my first time using 2 in 1 liquid & powder foundation (something new mahh). I would normally settle for liquid foundation or powder foundation but never tried 2 in 1.

The foundation glides on very easily and gives a pretty good coverage. On the other hand, I think that it might not be too suitable for people who have oily skin. Maybe in general oily skin should stick with powder foundation as it gives a sheer finish.

I feel that I cannot skip the loose powder if I am using this liquid with powder finish foundation or else I will look pretty “shinny” after my moisturizer and sunblock. But I have also tried using this loose powder alone after my skin care and sun block. It works as well but of course coverage is minimal. I am using 03 sand beige for the New Complexion one step make up and translucent 01 for the loose powder.

Verdict: The foundation comes with SPF 15 and glides on smoothly. Both also come with a sponge. The packaging is not very appealing. Nothing much to shout about, for me this is just normal, value for money.

Price: Mid-Range
New Complexion one step compact make up – RM 52 (9.9g)
New Complexion loose face powder – RM 50 (30g)

Where: Watson & Guardian pharmacies nation wide

No comments:

Post a Comment