Sunday, December 9, 2012

Lush Cleanser

I have never heard of lush until recently after reading a few beauty blogs. I found out that Lush is a line of skincare and cosmetic that uses all natural ingredients. I have bought 2 of their cleanser to try.

The first one is Aqua Marina.


The reason I bought this was because the SA said that it is very good for sensitive skin. I have been having very sensitive skin and prone to breakout recently that’s when I decide to try this. The Aqua Marina smells a little weird, I can’t make out what smell that is but it is not extremely overpowering.

When I read the ingredient, it contains calamine (the pink lotion that we all use when we were kids to sooth rashes), aloe vera and nori seaweed. Calamine is the key ingredient to calm redness and aloe and seaweed is to soothe and hydrate the skin. Texture wise, it feels like clay for some reason.


Add a little water

This is how it looks like after adding water
The second cleanser that I bought was the Angels on Bare Skin.


Because my skin condition changed recently, I was hunting for a gentler exfoliator and the angels answered my prayer :) After using this, my skin was so soft and smooth. I can’t stop touching it. I really love this. It is not like a normal cleanser, this cleanser is grainy and dry, you are supposed to mix with water to turn it into a paste like consistency and use that to wash your face.

The texture reminds me of oats and porridge. It smells of lavender and rose and the natural exfoliator are ground almonds. You can actually see some lavender in the product.

Add water

It will turn into a paste like consistency
Verdict: I normally use them at night because it takes more steps to use them as they are in tubs, comparing to normal facial cleansers that are in tubes. Having said that I love both the cleanser because they clean my face without drying it and also because I know that they are made out of natural ingredients.
The only downside is; because it is made out of natural ingredients, the life span of the cleanser is only 3 months. And the next bad news is, it is not available in Malaysia. I bought mine from Seoul and the nearest place to us is Singapore. I will definitely try more products from lush in the future.

Price: Premium approximately RM40+ (80g)

Where: Not available in Malaysia at the time of writing. Nearest country is Singapore.



No comments:

Post a Comment