Monday, December 31, 2012

Simple and Skin Food Facial wipes


I recently have this fancy of using facial wipes. To a lot of people, it is totally not environmental friendly but to another bunch of people it’s a lifesaver because it minimizes the time to remove make up.


I have bought facial wipes from these 2 brands and here’s my take.

Ingredient
The Simple facial wipes does not contain alcohol where else the skin food one contains alcohol. It may sting a little especially for those with sensitive skin.

Texture
Simple has a very “cottony”feel with no texture where else the skin food one has texture. Honestly speaking, I do not think that the texture serves any purpose though. The skin food wipes are wetter compare to the Simple one, thus it takes longer to dry out if you do not use it everyday, which is great.

Cotton material and simple sticker packaging

Textured material and good packaging

Packaging
Simple has a very simple packaging, but i realize the sticker may not be strong enough to keep the wipes moist. The skin food one has a better packaging with double protection, one sticker on the inside and one plastic cover on the outside
Scent
Simple has a very natural scent that is not “perfumy”. Skin food really smells like watermelon.

Cleaning power.
Simple stated that it removes water proof mascara, I tried it and it does not. Both the facial wipes do not remove waterproof mascara. Aside from that, they both cleans the same.


Verdict: I would pick Simple over skin food because it is more natural as I have sensitive skin and it is more easily accessible.

Price: Less than RM 20 for 25-30 wipes

Where: Simple is available in most pharmacy. I bought my Skin food wipes from Seoul, I am not sure if it’s available in Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment