Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Burt’s Bees Honey Lip Balm

I was spending some time researching about ingredients that are in cosmetics and skin care. And there are substances that are speculated to be harmful. And like I mentioned on my article on SLS, it is a personal consumption choice on whether you purchase the product or not. If you are interested in that article, click here

Therefore, I have been going around checking out natural products. And I found out that Burt’s Bees have arrived in our shore. I saw the brand in Singapore and Taiwan but never tried before. So I decided to check out their branch in The Gardens. Here is a picture of their new outlet.

It was actually a pleasant experience getting to know their products. The sales person that attended to me was really helpful and patiently explaining the whole range that they have. They have Skin Care, Hand care, Baby care, Body care and Lip care. They have all sort of lip balm and lip shimmer. Some in the normal cylinder kind tube where you can twist up and down and some in a small aluminum tin.
I have decided to buy their honey lip balm and radiance lip shimmer (will review the lip shimmer soon).

The honey lip balm really smells like honey and it is 100% natural. It gives a layer of wax on my lips that keeps it moisturize. The smell feels so natural; it is a natural honey scent. Below is a picture of all the contents.

The only thing that I was doubtful is tocopherol and lanolin. So what I did was I google them up. And here is a summary of what are these 2 substances.


Tocopherol - a class of chemical compounds of which many have vitamin E activity.

Lanolin - A pure, natural product, lanolin is simply the wax taken from sheep's wool, after the sheep has been shorn.

I guess they are not harmful.

Verdict : It is a good buy though a bit pricey compare to those in the pharmacy. I like it that I am assured that the lip balm is made put of natural product and it is ok if I eat it :)

Price : Mid Range – RM 18 (0.15 oz)

Where : Gardens at Mid Valley (near cold storage) & The Curve (near Borders)

No comments:

Post a Comment