Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Origins Perfect World Antioxidant Moisturizer and Skin Guardian with White Tea

It is my first time using Origins. I am reviewing the moisturizer and skin guardian this round. This is part of their Perfect World range whereby the main ingredient is White tea.
It is an extremely rare silver tip white tea which was prized by China’s emperors as the key ingredient in China’s elixir of immortality. This ingredient is considered to be one of the world’s most potent antioxidants, anti-ager, anti-stress, anti-smoke and anti-pollution antidotes. It also neutralizes skin aging free radicals.
The guardian is supposed to create a protective bubble around the skin to prevent any substance to age the skin before its time. The moisturizer on the other hand is supposed to deeply moisturize the skin. It also contains Vitamin C for brightening effects.
(Source: from Origins Product Guide – you can get this from Origins outlet)

The moisturizer and the skin guardian is a 2ml sample pack. It lasted me for about 4 days. I have been using these 2 products together for 4 consecutive days. I first apply the skin guardian, and then follow by the moisturizer.


The texture of both products is very velvety. I feel that it is a little too heavy for my skin the first day I apply. When I apply on the second day my skin kind of adapted to its texture. It might feel rich, but it is not oily.

Honestly I am a little disappointed with these 2 products. I feel that it is not moisturizing enough and I have dry patches after using them. I am not sure if it is because of the reasons below:

1) This is a sample pack and 4 days is not enough to judge the result.

2) White tea is just to protect the skin and not treat the skin. Therefore, this range is not suitable for my skin.

3) Natural products take longer to work.

The reasons above are just based on my assumption. BUT my friend who is using this range enjoyed it to the max. So probability of this range is not suitable for me is pretty high. But anyhow, I like their Modern Friction Nature’s Gentle Dermabrasion which I will review some time next week.

Verdict: Not moisturizing enough for me. Texture is velvety and can be perceived as too rich for certain skin, but my skin did get use to the texture after 2 applications.

Price: Pricey
Perfect World Antioxidant Moisturizer with White Tea – RM 170.00 (50ml)
Perfect World White Tea Skin Guardian – RM 180.00 (30ml) / RM 225 (50ml)

Where: Gardens MidValley, Parkson Pavillion, Metrojaya Mid Valley, Parkson 1 Utama, Isetan KLCC, Queensbay Mall, Parkson Gurney Plaza, Johor Tebrau City

No comments:

Post a Comment