Friday, March 16, 2012

Daiso detergent

This is a much rave about item in the beauty blogger’s world. I bought this recently after reading reviews online. There are good and not so good reviews about this detergent. Read on to see my take on it.

After I purchase this, I followed the instruction to squeeze some onto a dry sponge and rinse with water until it’s clean. But then I realized that it is very difficult to clean the sponge thoroughly.
So I tried squeezing some into a small bowI, add water into the detergent and start cleaning my duo fiber brush.
Squeeze a few drops

Dirty brush
After cleaning
It came out very clean!
Then I tried using the same method to clean my eye liner brush...


But unfortunately it did not work that well. I think this is because i use my eye liner brush for waterproof gel eye liner. I figured that because the detergent is diluted with water, it is not strong enough to clean off water proof products. Therefore I tried another method.

Cleaning on my palm
I squeeze a little detergent onto my palm and start cleaning my eye liner brush.

And guess what?! Squeaky clean yo!

Verdict:. There are some reviews online that say that this detergent is too harsh for natural hair make-up brushes but I have tried it out and I think it is fine. The trick is to only use a few drops and add water to dilute it. Not too much detergent so that it does not dry out your brushes. This is a MUST have if you have a lot of brushes and make up tools.

Price : SUPER AFFORDABLE  RM 5 (80ml)

Where : Daiso store nationwide

2 comments:

  1. Do you know that I cleaned my blusher brush (cause I recycled from old blushers) with soap and took me yonkers to get the gunk out? Hehe, you should have told me about this! >< Awesome blog, by the way. Should have told me earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For an economical way to clean your sponge, you can use shower foam to wash. Where as for make-up brushes, use hair conditioner to wash it. This will keep the brushes soft as well :)

    ReplyDelete