Saturday, March 3, 2012

Hanskin & Skin 79 BB Cream

I am stuck with work and I have neglected my blog for more than 1 year. Time really flies and in a blink of an eye, it’s already 2012. I am going to start amplifying (a new way to use this word that I learned from my boss) my passion again.
Even though I have not been writing, but I have been buying and trying cosmetics and skin care as usual.
I am really into BB cream recently. This is because I feel that it is better than foundation because it have skin care properties in it. I will start off with the 2 that I am using, which are the ones that comes with a pump. I will review another 2 different types of BB cream in a separate post in the near future.
I asked a friend to pick up the Hanskin Caviar Gold BB Cream for me in Korea. When I first used it, I find it thick and too white for my face (I am already very fair) it does not look like my own skin. It looks like I have a veil of white on my face.  If you look at the picture below, it is a very clay like color. I did not liked it at all when I first used it.
Top is Skin79 and bottom is Hanskin
Then I figured another technique to use this. I used the triangle sponge (Review Here) I bought from Daiso, I wet it and squeeze the access water off, and use the wet sponge to apply this BB cream and the result was FANTASTIC! It reduces the white ghostly color but it brightens up my face and I look fairer (but not ghostly) and fresher. I really liked the effect. Here is a step-by-step guide.
Step 1 – Squeeze the BB cream on to your fingers.
Step 2 – Dab a dot or 2 on you cheek
Step 3 – Use the wet sponge and apply to the entire area
*note : Work on one area at a time or your BB cream will dry out.
The other one that I am using is the Skin 79 BB Diamond Collection which is a gift from a friend who came back from Taiwan. But recently, I saw this in Watsons. It has 3 functions wrinkle improvement, whitening and it comes with SPF25PA++ Protection. This has a very little coverage and it goes on quite light. This is good for people who do not need too much coverage. I use this with a decent amount of concealer and finish up with loose powder. This can be applied with your fingers, no need for a wet sponge application because the texture is not a thick as the Hanskin one.
Verdict : I have been using BB cream for about 2-3 months now and i feel that it keeps my skin moist compare to foundation. I sometimes get flakes when using foundation. Out of this 2, I personally prefer the Hanskin BB Cream comparing to the skin79 one. Simply because I feel that it brightens up my face more. The other one is ok and i'll definitely will not have trouble finishing it but i don't think i will re-purchse it.
Price : Skin 79 (40g) (mid-range)  RM69+
          : Hanskin (50ml) (Premium) RM98 after conversion
Where : SKin 79 is available in Watsons. Hanskin is not available in Malaysia, I got mine from Korea and you can buy in bulk (about 5 bottles) and get a good price at the duty free shops in Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment